Rhys Darby on Juan Epstein!

Who is Rhys Darby?! That is what I said when Ciph booked him. Then he told me that he was Murray from Flight of the Conchords and I was a happy camper. Love that show, love this guy. Enjoy his accent alone!

1. wtf was this? It sounded like a commercial for why you should visit New Zealand. On to the next one…

Rich | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

2. “real story. Candles lit” *DEAD*

GRANDfathercloc | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

3. Not your best interview guys, try doing a little homework next time. Felt bad for the guy – didn’t sound like you even wanted him there on the show. I’m loving the quantity of Juan Ep’s lately, but the quality has got to be better than this one.

Craig | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

4. rich and craig — SUCK IT! It felt like we didnt want him there? my man…i lived through it..he did not REMOTELY feel that way..it went great….and Rich if you only listen for the guests — u dont really fuck with us–which is fine, but i dont give a fuck what you think…we will always have guests on who we love regardless of what anyone says

pmd | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

5. idk what the fuck yall are on, i loved this ep. i listed to it twice. on One Volume as always

JG | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

6. Awesome! Loved this!
    The quality and consistency is definitely at an all time high now.
    Although the quality was always good tbh.
    I live in London & travel on the train for hours sometimes and juan ep my number travel companion haha basically thanks man.
    Oh and thanks for just the fucking knowledge too!
    You are very much appreciated!

Nah nah dude | Nov 19, 2013 | Reply

7. thanks to the last 2 commenters…dont get me wrong i appreciate everyone who listens but i always have some naive hope that those who listen to this extra work that we do for free will love it the way we do and not make up wack complaints just cuz theres a forum to do so

pmd | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

8. juan epstein is the smoking chimneys of podcasts

Sean | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

9. My apologies @pmd I did not mean to offend. My comments were too harsh. I love the show – it is by far the best podcast out there right now.

I’m a big fan of Rhys so I guess I was hoping we’d go more in-depth into his career, how he got started, etc. – but I realize that’s a different type of interview – usually reserved just for the musicians.

Keep doing what you’re doing and know that the criticism only comes from your overly passionate fan base – which is kind of a positive thing.

Craig | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

10. Aint nobody fucking with Juan Ep right now …

ROC

cabo | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

11. Whats up Peter,

I’m from Amsterdam and i have listened to every Juan Epstein Podcast by now. Found out the podcast about a year ago and listened back every podcast and subscribed to it. Almost every day i check if there is a new one. I like that you and Cipha Sounds do the podcast more often now, thank you!!

I hope you wil continu making the podcast so i can listen to it while riding my bike! Have you ever been here?

Thanks alot to you and Cipher!

Tymen

Tymen | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

12. Yo Pete why are you so emotional? Learn to take the good with the bad my brother. I’ve listened to EVERY JuanEP ever so what do you mean I don’t mess with you and Ciph? I compliment your podcast all the time! It’s just that this one sucked. Pull your skirt down Paul.

Rich | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

13. Hey Rosenberg checkout the show Phoneshop. it’s probably the best British comedy show out right now.

Jonathan | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

14. Peter, I got much love for you, Ciph and everything you’ve done with Juan Ep since day one, but you can’t say “I dont give a fuck what you think” to the guy above, when you clearly care very much what everyone thinks.

Keep doing what you do homie. You and Ciph are the greatest at this shit.

Relax Pete | Nov 20, 2013 | Reply

15. from left field….didn’t see this one coming. Love Flight of the Conchords (Murray was my favourite character) and there’s good reason to be hyping NZ. Beautiful place & people. Hope to travel back there in this lifetime.
    thanks!

Peekay | Nov 21, 2013 | Reply

16. New Zealand is the best country in the world fuckface.

Goose | Nov 25, 2013 | Reply

17. I kinda understand the criticism here since you seemed to know less about him than your usual guests. (Do check out the radio series, its a lot like series 1 of the TV show but with the songs and jokes framed a bit differently). I didn’t think it was that awkward or anything though and he seemed pleased enough to be there.

DT | Nov 26, 2013 | Reply

18. Hear this yesterday. MiniDisc, tho?

I saw a mini stereo that was a 8-track, cassette, CD, MiniDisk & 45 player at a vintage store for $125 here in LA. I was gonna hit you up.

…but then I woke up. Keep up the great JuanEps!

knomtawkinbout | Dec 11, 2013 | Reply